Would a bat file work for this addition?

Discuss any other Foolish IT app here (including the legacy apps dMaintenance, dSupport, etc.)
Suggest ideas for new Foolish IT apps here also.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. Don't be a prick.
3. When posting for help, include the app's version, OS details, and steps to reproduce the issue.

Would a bat file work for this addition?

Postby Freedom PC Solutions » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:24 pm

I have been looking for a way to check the "add run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed" box during install. Obviously if I am there I do it myself. Perhaps a registry entry added to the .iss? I have not found a way to edit the task scheduler via the registry.
Freedom PC Solutions

Re: Would a bat file work for this addition?

Postby Nick » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:04 am

no. There isn't a way to edit a scheduled task like that I'm afraid, it must all be done programmatically via Task Scheduler API or manually. One of these days when I get around to updating dMaintenance in the future, that issue I believe has already been resolved with my newest schedule tasks code, at least on Vista+ -- still haven't figured a way to do it in XP yet though but I think I have a code sample on how to do it.
Author of d7/d7II and other PC technician's tools. http://www.FoolishIT.com

Nick
Site Admin

Re: Would a bat file work for this addition?

Postby Freedom PC Solutions » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:53 am

Sounds good. I will make a video tutorial to show clients how to make the change themselves in the meantime.
Freedom PC Solutions

Return to Other Foolish IT Apps