KillZA Reports?

Discuss any other Foolish IT app here (including the legacy apps dMaintenance, dSupport, etc.)
Suggest ideas for new Foolish IT apps here also.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. Don't be a prick.
3. When posting for help, include the app's version, OS details, and steps to reproduce the issue.

KillZA Reports?

Postby Marshall » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:40 am

Does KillZA create a report of the files it removed?

I just detected a ZA infection while starting up d7 on a WinXP Pro SP3 system...it cleaned it out, but I can't see what it killed for my reports.
Help Me With My Computer Tech
IT Services & IT Consulting Services In Southern IL and St. Louis MO
Marshall

Re: KillZA Reports?

Postby Nick » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:07 am

no it doesn't. since KillZA is obsolete now, guess it doesn't matter if I post the tricks of the trade. it only removes whatever directory/files are found referenced in one of two reg locations where those variants plant themselves. The directory is usually inside the recycle bin and the files are (I think) always the same, like there's one just named 'n' and a few others.

HKCU\Software\Classes\clsid\{42aedc87-2188-41fd-b9a3-0c966feabec1}\InprocServer32
or
HKCU\Software\Classes\clsid\{fbeb8a05-beee-4442-804e-409d6c4515e9}\InprocServer32

(both keys are legitimate in HKLM but neither are legit if found in HKCU...)

I think if you use Bitdefender's tool or that other one I forget but one or both of them will remove the files and maybe other reg entries, but not these particular reg entry points so this is why KillZA may 'find' the infection after it has been removed by another tool.
Author of d7/d7II and other PC technician's tools. http://www.FoolishIT.com

Nick
Site Admin

Return to Other Foolish IT Apps