DataGrab Cmd Line select only 1 Profile

Discuss any other Foolish IT app here (including the legacy apps dMaintenance, dSupport, etc.)
Suggest ideas for new Foolish IT apps here also.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. Don't be a prick.
3. When posting for help, include the app's version, OS details, and steps to reproduce the issue.

DataGrab Cmd Line select only 1 Profile

Postby confuseis » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:18 am

Hi

Regarding DataGrab 2.0. With the GUI I am selecting just 1 profile to be backed up from the GUI then saving it as a batch "Save Confog to Batch"

When I run dataGrab from the command line specifying the .dgb file as a parameter, It backs up all the profiles on the machine rather than just the one I specified.

I opened the .dgb file with note pad but dont see the user profile refferred to anywhere within it, just backuploc=u

How do I back up just 1 specific profile using the command line?

Thanks for Reading

Confuseis
confuseis

Re: DataGrab Cmd Line select only 1 Profile

Postby xide » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:32 am

I reccomend using Fabs backup, most d7ii/d7 users prefer this. d7ii/d7 Nick has integrated it into d7ii/d7 on a tab to quickly get to it. It includes a command line builder for auto settings and gives you options to backup or restore individual profiles. It will even backup Product keys, Office activation files, pretty much everything (of course you can exclude anything you want such as folders and supports multiple wildcards example: "*.tmp") and restore user wallpaper, screen saver, etc. It's very nice program. When it finishes it will leave a page on the desktop which lists all settings/files it restored which can be customized to have your company name at the top.

Here is the link: http://store.fpnet.fr/product_info.php?products_id=40 Foolish IT 20% off coupon code: 7GFJW3
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Postby vmhs » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:05 am

and it is awesome. just my 15c
vmhs

Postby confuseis » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:49 pm

Ive got no money

I assume it cant be done then?

Thanks

Confuesis
confuseis