Disable KillEmAll

Discuss any other Foolish IT app here (including the legacy apps dMaintenance, dSupport, etc.)
Suggest ideas for new Foolish IT apps here also.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. Don't be a prick.
3. When posting for help, include the app's version, OS details, and steps to reproduce the issue.

Disable KillEmAll

Postby thebeliever » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:52 pm

I enabled KillEmAll and I forgot what the messages said to do to disable it. What command do I need to run to disable it?

Thanks,
Carl
thebeliever

Re: Disable KillEmAll

Postby Michael » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:38 pm

Carl,

Please provide some additional information so we may better assist you. What version of d7II and KillEmAll are you running? What exactly do you mean by "disabling" and "enabling" KillEmAll? KillEmAll is designed to terminate running applications but makes no other changes unless you otherwise instruct it to.

Kind regards,
Michael
Michael
Foolish IT Staff

Postby thebeliever » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:19 pm

Michael,
I download the KillEmAll yesterday and ran it. Now, when I try to run anything, it keeps telling me my group policy will not allow me to run it. I just want to undo what I did by running KillEmAll.

Thanks,
Carl
thebeliever

Postby bored369 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:55 am

With the stand alone version of KillEmAll it doesn't run all the time, when you run it it kills running processes then allows you to take actions on those processes. You could have created IFEOs to prevent running some programs but doesn't sound like that would be the case here. You can check however using the IFEO modifier here: http://download.foolishit.com/IFEO_Modifier.zip If there is anything listed in the "Delete an existing IFEO" section you can safely "Delete All". If there is nothing there there is something more going on with the system.

What actions did you take when you ran KillEmAll?
What prompted you to try running KillEmAll in the first place?
We may be able to narrow down more from those two answers.
Chief Operating Officer, dSupportOnline official support of Foolish IT
& long time tech friend of Nick & avid Foolish IT product user since before Foolish IT was even created!

bored369
Foolish IT Staff

Postby thebeliever » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:25 pm

I figure out that I did. I actually ran dBug not KillEmAll. I just had to run the dBug_Undo.cmd. Sorry for the confusion.

Carl
thebeliever

Return to Other Foolish IT Apps