Need dbug_undo.cmd

Discuss any other Foolish IT app here (including the legacy apps dMaintenance, dSupport, etc.)
Suggest ideas for new Foolish IT apps here also.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. Don't be a prick.
3. When posting for help, include the app's version, OS details, and steps to reproduce the issue.

Need dbug_undo.cmd

Postby synn93 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:47 pm

I have searched the web high and low and I can not find a copy of dbug_undo.cmd. I installed dbug and now I can't get it off. Every time I go to the site to download it, they only let me get the install part of dbug. Can someone please help me? I have been working on this for the last 3 hours now and I'm sooo tired of this.
synn93

Re: Need dbug_undo.cmd

Postby laplandz » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:43 pm

create a dBug_Undo.cmd placed in same directory as dBug.exe and put this in the cmd:
Code: Select all

@"%~dp0\dBug.exe" -u

That's what is in mine, not an actual user of dBug so no idea if thats what your after, but i do have the file... and that is all thats in it.

hope that helps,

Lee
.. ...
I can walk on water, but I can’t perform miracles.
laplandz

Postby synn93 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:10 pm

Hey Lee thanks a lot but I have no idea what to do with this. I'm just a little bit more tech savvy than the regular person so I don't know where to put this code or how to input this code. But the way I'm feeling I'm going to play around with this until something happens.
synn93

Postby laplandz » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:42 pm

firstly, insomnia's a bitch, just wanted to get it out there!

secondly, you'll need to find where dBug.exe is on your machine, when you know where it is, create a notepad file with the code I gave you earlier and save it & close it.

you'll need to know how to show file extensions which is very well explained with a Google search.

rename your newly created notepad txt file to the dBug_undo.cmd (it's worth noting a .cmd is a txt file in disguise, it just opens in a different way).

in fact, scrap all that, if you can find dBug.exe, just create shortcut by right clicking it, then you right click the shortcut file and select properties...

you will see a target box, just add -u to the end of it (or if -u doesn't work, try /u).

if you can't find dBug.exe or if there's something stopping you downloading dBug again, let me know.

Sent from my ForwardXtreme using Tapatalk
.. ...
laplandz

Postby laplandz » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:46 pm

in fact, pm me your email address through the message board if that's the shittiest answer you could imagine or goes over your head, I'll just send you the file.

won't be for a few hours though, so bear with it.

Sent from my ForwardXtreme using Tapatalk
.. ...
laplandz

Postby bored369 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:50 am

I sent the file and explained it could be run from the command prompt with -u and it should remove any policies that dBug applied.
Chief Operating Officer, dSupportOnline official support of Foolish IT
& long time tech friend of Nick & avid Foolish IT product user since before Foolish IT was even created!

bored369
Foolish IT Staff

Return to Other Foolish IT Apps