Disk Health Monitor - run while logged off

Discuss any other Foolish IT app here (including the legacy apps dMaintenance, dSupport, etc.)
Suggest ideas for new Foolish IT apps here also.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. Don't be a prick.
3. When posting for help, include the app's version, OS details, and steps to reproduce the issue.

Disk Health Monitor - run while logged off

Postby activoice » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:50 am

I'm a home user, and I have a second PC in my basement that I leave running 24/7 but I don't login to it very often.

I've installed disk health monitor on it, and I can see the service is running... how do I make sure that it's running even when I am not logged in?

Am I supposed to go into the service, go to the Logon tab, and change Log On as to This Account, and enter my ID (which is the admin) and password?

(Unlike other programs I have that run on this PC they have a web interface so it's eay for me to tell that the service is running when I'm not logged into it... just not sure how to tell if disk health monitor is running or not when I'm not logged in)
activoice

Re: Disk Health Monitor - run while logged off

Postby activoice » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:31 am

Like really all I am looking to find out is... does someone need to be logged in for the service to send an alert email when a problem is detected?

Also I don't see any documentation... but what events trigger an email? The other day I got a warning about something disk related, but that did not trigger an email... so is it just Error's that trigger an email, or warnings as well?
activoice

Re: Disk Health Monitor - run while logged off

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:20 am

DHM is installed as a Windows service which runs whether a user is logged in or not.

Honestly I wasn't aware that app was still up for download, or that there was a webpage on it. I searched foolishit.com and came up with https://www.foolishit.com/vb6-projects/ ... h-monitor/ which does have some of the rules it follows listed on that page. what was the warning you got exactly? event ID / source / description.
Author of d7/d7II and other PC technician's tools. http://www.FoolishIT.com

Nick
Site Admin

Return to Other Foolish IT Apps