an app that works like the custom part of d7II

Discuss any other Foolish IT app here (including the legacy apps dMaintenance, dSupport, etc.)
Suggest ideas for new Foolish IT apps here also.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. Don't be a prick.
3. When posting for help, include the app's version, OS details, and steps to reproduce the issue.

an app that works like the custom part of d7II

Postby rharvey » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:14 pm

Nick
do you have an app/program that some one can add programs into it like you do the custom apps area in d7II
the function is to have it go download a group of apps and save them to a specified place.

example:
I download probably 15 different programs and store them on my server.
I install them on customers computers. It is a battle to make the time to go download all of these programs to keep them at the newest revision.

It would be cool to be able to add these into a program and be able to press a button and have them download each of them and save them to the server share.
this way I could have fresh copies of the program when I need to install them on a customer computer.
rharvey

Re: an app that works like the custom part of d7II

Postby Nick » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:53 am

that is what Ketarin is for. it is on the d7II updates dialog. if you haven't done so already, double click the existing profile to start Ketarin setup. Once setup, close Ketarin. Back in d7II window, right click in the area you previously double clicked. give the profile a name, and it will start Ketarin. Configure as necessary with download paths to your server. That, or you can just install Ketarin on your server and do it entirely from there which may be less confusing.
Author of d7/d7II and other PC technician's tools. http://www.FoolishIT.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby rharvey » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:58 pm

I ran it and closed it, went to the web and studied it.
how do I open it back up to add more programs to it in d7?
rharvey

Postby Nick » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:04 am

same area, just double click the profile you created to start Ketarin with your profile, then add whatever to it.
Author of d7/d7II and other PC technician's tools. http://www.FoolishIT.com

Nick
Site Admin

Return to Other Foolish IT Apps