Adding custom apps

Re: Adding custom apps

Postby xide » Wed May 06, 2015 4:23 pm

laplandz wrote:another driver package is snappy drivers

runs fine from our NAS also

awesome! i'll have to try that on my nas so maybe I can save some room on my flash drives :)
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Postby Huskylogic » Thu May 07, 2015 8:10 pm

Xide,

Now that I finally purchased the license, I'm trying to do what you suggested. Trouble is I can't seem to find how to create profiles. I see Full and Quick, but no "New Profile" or anything like that. Can you advise?
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein
Huskylogic

Postby laplandz » Thu May 07, 2015 9:44 pm

hopefully I'll do :-)
untick everything in every tab, in top right corner there is a drop down which should allow you to save a profile, call it blank.
then go and tick your boxes and save it as something else such as malware pre-clean or general maintenance, etc. this will be your profile.

to start off you may find it easier to create several profiles that are ran 'per' Tab, E. G. use the start auto button on the tab pages. I never run "full auto" from the top right as I find it logistically complicated, I find it easier to complete work in stages, each stage represents each tab needed for example.

the joy of d7ii isn't necessarily the automation of work, it's the routines it creates for you in the "road-map" of any repair. knowing and implementing a trusted routine for a typical malware cleanup is where d7ii helps.. alot. it also means if another engineer continues the work for any reason, they know the same routine so can follow it through giving some consistency for the job itself.

Sent from my ForwardXtreme using Tapatalk
.. ...
I can walk on water, but I can’t perform miracles.
laplandz

Postby Huskylogic » Thu May 07, 2015 9:52 pm

I see. You just go to the box and start typing a new name. That's what I was missing. I could not figure out how to create a new one. Thanks for the help lap.
Huskylogic

Postby xide » Fri May 08, 2015 11:40 am

Sorry...yesterday was pure madness, which kept me away.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Postby Huskylogic » Fri May 08, 2015 11:51 am

No problem Xide.
Huskylogic

Previous

Return to d7II Support Forum