Evailuation copy

Evailuation copy

Postby Huskylogic » Tue May 05, 2015 2:25 pm

I asked the question about the difference between UVK and D7ii, and from the answers I got, I'd love to take a closer look. Trouble is, I can't seem to get Virtualbox to run on my laptop. it just doesn't seem to want to load anything. is there another way I could demo the program? Hey, do you need a review article written Nick? I'm good at those.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein
Huskylogic

Re: Evailuation copy

Postby xide » Tue May 05, 2015 4:13 pm

There currently is no other method in place to evaluate a copy of d7ii. If the virtualbox won't run on your laptop, the only other way to see it in action is to watch the many youtube videos Nick has made https://www.youtube.com/user/diskoperatingsystem/videos
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Postby Huskylogic » Tue May 05, 2015 4:18 pm

Thanks for the link. I will check it out.
Huskylogic

Postby xide » Tue May 05, 2015 4:38 pm

quick start guide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuFA11G5Uzw

quick malware removal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEP7RR7O3U

Those 2 would be very good to check out
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Postby bored369 » Mon May 11, 2015 1:40 am

Out of curiosity what is not working with virtualbox on your laptop? If you are getting any error messages or specific issues we may be able to assist more with those here.

The videos Xide posted are great introductions and help to see what d7II can do though as well.
Chief Operating Officer, dSupportOnline official support of Foolish IT
& long time tech friend of Nick & avid Foolish IT product user since before Foolish IT was even created!

bored369
Foolish IT Staff

Postby xide » Mon May 11, 2015 1:38 pm

bored369 wrote:Out of curiosity what is not working with virtualbox on your laptop? If you are getting any error messages or specific issues we may be able to assist more with those here.

The videos Xide posted are great introductions and help to see what d7II can do though as well.

He purchased d7ii as of Thursday. I believe us answering his questions through the week helped.
xide

Postby Huskylogic » Mon May 11, 2015 1:43 pm

Yes they did Xide. Turns out it was an issue with VirtualBox. I couldn't get it to update so I could install theOS. Seems like I got that fixed but no need now since I own an actual version of D7ii
Huskylogic

Postby xide » Tue May 12, 2015 12:48 am

Huskylogic wrote:Yes they did Xide. Turns out it was an issue with VirtualBox. I couldn't get it to update so I could install theOS. Seems like I got that fixed but no need now since I own an actual version of D7ii

Glad we were able to help ;) if you plan to run a virtual machine I reccomend using vmware, thats what I run now after being annoyed so much by virtualbox. Vmware player is free, only the workstation is paid. It's absolutely awesome when installing the os too, just type in info like user name and product key (optional) Then all you do is click start and sit back and it will run through the install clicking next and everything. Drag and drop from your host PC to virtual machine is flawless too. Best virtual machine i've used, and I run it quite often with all the testing I do.

https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/free#d ... player/7_0
xide

Return to d7II Support Forum