D7ii vs uvk

D7ii vs uvk

Postby Huskylogic » Sun May 03, 2015 11:35 pm

I've been testing out UVK for possible use in my new IT company. The trouble is, it seems a bit consumer, and I'm looking for something more professional grade. Can someone tell me how D7ii is better than UVK?
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein
Huskylogic

Re: D7ii vs uvk

Postby xide » Mon May 04, 2015 11:46 am

well d7 is far superior to uvk in many ways. UVK is basically only 1 app, as for d7ii you can literally have/add 100's of apps to it. You customize it to use a collection of your favorite apps. I'm assuming you use more than UVK (if not then d7ii is not for you) so you can include all your apps into 1 preogram which is d7ii. Nick (the developer) has made it that many (not all) of these programs are fully automated which means less time for you babysitting.
Oh and you could even add UVK to d7ii, it can do so much more than UVK....plus having the ability to add UVK makes it even better in case it missed something. Nick also allows you to test in a virtual machine before you buy it as well.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Postby Huskylogic » Tue May 05, 2015 1:10 pm

Thanks for letting me know. I'm just starting out so I got UVK but I don't just use that. I use software like MBAM, super antispyware, Advanced system Care and a few others. I have it all on my flash drive and have to start each one individually.

It would be nice to be able to just click a button and let them all work at once.

Is this a portable program? Something I could run from a flash drive or would it have to be installed on each computer I use it one?
Huskylogic

Postby Rskid » Tue May 05, 2015 3:22 pm

This is portable and made for a thumb drive
Rskid

Postby Huskylogic » Tue May 05, 2015 5:11 pm

Just watched the videos on D7ii. Can't wait to purchase my subscription.
Huskylogic

Postby Huskylogic » Tue May 05, 2015 8:31 pm

I've been researching D7ii and found a few websites that were a review of this program, and not a very good one. I say A review on some websites, because it seems to be the same review on multiple sites. Seems like someone wasn't happy with Nick and was taking it out on his company. I'm sure Nick knows about the sites, so I'm not going to post them here, but does anyone know of any honest reviews that were not based on a bad experience and actually based on the product itself?
Huskylogic

Postby laplandz » Tue May 05, 2015 8:49 pm

comparison isn't a worthy trophy to d7ii (ie. their 2 very different prizes)

d7ii is a toolbox, in fact, fuck that (or if you're somewhat posh... f**k that) consider it a multi purpose swiss army knife that adores the french for the pompous use of croissants yet admires the Danish for the bridges.
Regardless of how you make sense of what i have said, it's a confusion that shouldn't be compared.

I offer this piece of genuine advice as a long-term-user, as mostly what i've said up till now was conceivably bollocks... (i know nothing about Danish bridges!)

d7ii is like Lego or Meccano, it's not ready 'out-the-box', you build it, you test it - you rebuild it, you mess it up, you fix it, you retest it, you add to it... and than perfection, but of course you're "odd" or a Tech, you'll be annoyed that the bricks aren't the same colour on the 2nd row so you'll break it to rebuild, than you test it and add to it and put some sort of LED or flashy thing in it. You'll then answer some forum question that explains the simple joy of using d7ii.

Am fairly confident that is no help at all, but suffice to say, our company has become somewhat reliant upon d7ii, if only for the reporting aspect of it. We use it on 80-85% of machine that come through our door and hit our benches and often wonder... "what the f**k was we doing before it" (or if you're not posh... what the fuck!!!)
.. ...
I can walk on water, but I can’t perform miracles.
laplandz

Postby Huskylogic » Tue May 05, 2015 9:20 pm

Lap,

I like your testimonial. I can't argue the Danish bridges part either because I know less about them than I know about D7ii, it was amusing though. I appreciate you chiming in on my question. As a longtime user of the program, it has to be something worth checking out. If a company like yours uses it daily, I'm sure my little start up can learn a lot from it.

Now to gather the funds from my accountant (wife) to get the license.
Huskylogic

Postby xide » Tue May 05, 2015 9:52 pm

laplandz - you really turned my mood around today by reading your reply. Thanks for that! Cheers mate!

As laplandz put it, you do build it the way you like....I doubt the first build you do will be what you stick with, and thats half the fun of it. I build and test and find out what works the best....if i find a new/better app then shit gets sorted again, to how I think would be best. One of the great features of d7ii is that when you do these rearranging, new profiles, new apps, new scripts, etc. and save them to your cloud account. Then every other flash drive that you have that runs d7ii will auto update/sync with the same configuration.

I keep d7ii on my home pc, and work on different configs here.....once I get to work and run d7ii off one of my flash drives then it updates the config from the work i did from home...brilliant!
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Postby Huskylogic » Tue May 05, 2015 10:12 pm

That's great to know. I have 4 flash drives I work with at my shop plus one on my keychain for on site work. It's nice to know that if I change one, all will be updated.
Huskylogic

Return to d7II Support Forum