Question about "Expired Subscription" in DSS

Discuss marketing/selling dSupportSuite and your monitoring/maintenance plans and strategies; also share your usage / configuration tips for dSupportSuite here, or ask the community for theirs.

Question about "Expired Subscription" in DSS

Postby LCStech » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:28 am

Hello Community,

I have a few questions about a feature in DSS. I have read through the online documentation and have not been able to find the answer...

1. Can someone explain to me the option about checking for EXPIRED Subscription Status.

2. How would I be able to make a subscription expired?

3. The text mentions having the "check for EXPIRED" under dCloud options.... Where are those options as I dont see any place labeled "dCloud options"

Thank you in advance for the explanation.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (4.79 KiB) Viewed 7442 times
LCStech

Re: Question about "Expired Subscription" in DSS

Postby Nick » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:45 am

[EDIT]

there isn't a subscription mgmt option so to speak, but you can 'expire' or more appropriately 'disable' certain features or even uninstall the app remotely (all of which would take place the next time the app does a successful config update.)

EDIT to add: actually this check is done automatically now during installation - the config option was removed.. by 'expired' I mean you have chosen to remotely uninstall the app previously. I need to change this terminology. The point is to prevent someone who has a custom installer from just reinstalling the app if you don't want them to (because you previously forced an uninstall.)
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (52.58 KiB) Viewed 7440 times
Author of d7/d7II and other PC technician's tools. http://www.FoolishIT.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby LCStech » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:48 pm

Cool,

So if I understand correctly, if I choose "Uninstall App Permanently", the next time DSS runs, updates its config, etc.. it will se this and auto uninstall?
LCStech

Postby Nick » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:49 pm

yep
Author of d7/d7II and other PC technician's tools. http://www.FoolishIT.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby shellamanchez » Tue May 26, 2015 4:02 am

Try to go on youtube there so many videos that could help you.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

abendkleider
shellamanchez

Postby xide » Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 am

shellamanchez wrote:Try to go on youtube there so many videos that could help you.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

abendkleider

I think after 2 years (when this was posted) he would have figured it out by now. By the way, nice attempt at spam. I personally like the fake signature you made that's great, almost looks real even....which is why I quoted it, so you can see your flaws :lol:
You've got to be the dumbest spammer ever....or else i'm just good at spotting you guys. :roll: THIS IS A SPAMMER. Do NOT click on his links!
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Return to dSupportSuite Usage and Resale Tips & Strategies