How about a progress indicator...?

How about a progress indicator...?

Postby Techguy911 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:08 pm

I have had a couple of instances where a customer starts using their PC while I am running D7II in a remote session, even though the D7II interface is on their screen. I believe this is because they don't notice the text at the bottom of the window showing the current job that is running, not that they would know what it means anyway.

Is there a way to put a branded dialog box up on the screen with some kind of progress indicator, even if doesn't really mean anything, just continuously rolling, rotating, spinning, whatever with text saying something along the lines of "PC Maintenance in process... yadda yadda yadda."

Thanks,
Randy
Techguy911
Techguy911

Re: How about a progress indicator...?

Postby Xander » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:43 pm

Sounds more like you need to communicate better with your clients to not touch the PC until you tell them you're done. And/or use remote software that allows you to block their input. I can disable their mouse/keyboard through Screenconnect so it's never an issue...but I don't need to because I tell them that they shouldn't touch it until I leave a note on their screen telling them I'm done and disconnected.

Remember, a good chunk of our job is handling customer expectations. If they don't -know- that they can't touch the PC during a remote, they will touch the PC during a remote.
Xander

Return to d7II Feature Suggestions