Data Operations - Custom Tab

Data Operations - Custom Tab

Postby EagleTech » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:19 am

Any chance for a custom (whatever you want to call it) tab under Data Operations that we can assign 3rd party tools to?
EagleTech

Re: Data Operations - Custom Tab

Postby Nick » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:49 pm

Hmm... Chances aren't bad. What would you put there specifically?
Author of d7/d7II and other PC technician's tools. http://www.FoolishIT.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby Xander » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:12 pm

* List installed apps (ideally saved to desktop before migration so user and tech have a full list of what might need reinstalled)
* My idea about logging apps on old system and Niniting them onto the new one pre-migration so that things like browser profiles, WLM, etc are in place right off the bat.
Xander

Postby EagleTech » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:30 am

A place to put data transfer/recovery programs other that Fab's. Unstoppable Copier, standard undelete app(s) of choice, etc.
EagleTech

Postby xide » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:39 pm

I like those ideas.....I would like the ability to switch the current tabs around also since I now have fabs, so i see that one first when i go to data operations. or even switch to see the new suggested tab first.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Postby Gator Tech » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:11 pm

Hey guys this got my attention here as I had a job that I was not able to use D7ii on but had two programs that did the trick. Hirens boot CD 10 ( Don't hold me to that version) has two really cool programs for data recovery. Minitools Partition Wizard and another tool, Power Data Recovery. Using D7ii on a thumb drive, you should be albe to used these two programs and a second USB hard drive to recover lost data and/or correct partion information that malware has misidentified or mangeled up. I am up to my ass in Aligators down here in the swamp, so If someone could app these and put them in the data operations tab I'd be very greatful!
Gator Tech

Return to d7II Feature Suggestions