A few feature suggestions

A few feature suggestions

Postby Techline2012 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:36 pm

1) Could we have a skip job button? It would be great if we could have a button to kill a process and move on to the next job.

2) Could a job send an email if it has been stuck at one place for a certain amount of time?

These are just some suggestions that I thought would be useful. Any other suggestions are welcome.
Techline2012

Re: A few feature suggestions

Postby laplandz » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:04 pm

1) what are you classing/basing as a "job"?
which processes need to be killed to move on?
2) am liking the idea of an idle time alert for auto-profiles. for my usage, an audible and/or visual alert would be better, perhaps an option in the config for when a profile becomes idle would be beneficial,with the option to send an email or flash a rainbow box on the screen, etc.

Sent from my ForwardXtreme using Tapatalk
.. ...
I can walk on water, but I can’t perform miracles.
laplandz

Postby Techline2012 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:06 pm

By "job" I mean custom app. I there anyway I would be able to push a button that will kill whatever that custom app is doing and move on to the next one? I have a list of custom apps in the malware removal tab, and some of them hang or get stuck and it would be great if I could just manually skip it.
Techline2012

Postby vmhs » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:31 pm

why not just kill the process, ie: when vipre is taking too long, you can just hit the X (a button I guess) which then gives control back to d7II, which carries on from there.
vmhs

Postby csc » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:26 pm

Techline2012 wrote:1) Could we have a skip job button? It would be great if we could have a button to kill a process and move on to the next job.

2) Could a job send an email if it has been stuck at one place for a certain amount of time?

These are just some suggestions that I thought would be useful. Any other suggestions are welcome.

+1
csc

Postby Sumeraxe6 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:10 am

Im the same, the asset ID is what I use, so it always gets tied to the same pc on pcrt.

In fact in my GFI Max, I alsto put that ID in everywhere. makes life easier.

A checkbox is a good idea
If you are looking for fast success in cert killer 640-864 then join today to 640-916 find complete testking and pass passguide on first try. A person can pick www.hood.edu and University of Hawaii for its easiness.
Sumeraxe6

Postby xide » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:37 pm

Techline2012 wrote:1) Could we have a skip job button? It would be great if we could have a button to kill a process and move on to the next job.

1. I just close the app and it will skip past. Also as a side note when I forget to run something that has already passed down the line you can check it and when the current one finishes (or gets closed) it will start back to the top of the list with the newly selected app.

Example: [x]app 1 []app 2 []app 3 while "app 3" is running, I will go back and check app 1 so when app 3 is done it will go back to that for me, then continue back to the route it was on.

2. It sounds like a good idea. However if an app is hung i'm not sure if d7ii could detect that due to limitations of programming language as well as the apps that will hang briefly and recover (usually because of so much malware on the system, sometimes this is also the reason apps lock up) but if it was a timer such as running for < 5min, then that should work however if you get one of those really slow computers that want to take forever, which can be quite common in our line of work. I still get XP machines with 128mb of ram :roll:
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Postby Gator Tech » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:35 pm

A quick on here can we get or does a package allready exist with Eurosofts PC diagnostics on it? they also have QA+win as a windows variant. This would allow us to fully diagnose CPU as well as motherboard errors. Hirens 10.0 has an older version on it for starters but the later versions seem to have doped it. There is a thread on here called "Diagnostic in 30 min or less" that has more detailed description of what I am talking about. Put this in the Audit and Diagnostics tab would really complete D7ii as a fully rounded one stop product on a thumb drive! IMHO! :D
Gator Tech

Postby nikolaosp » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:55 pm

+1

Στάλθηκε από το HTC One X μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
nikolaosp

Return to d7II Feature Suggestions