Subscription INDENTIFICATION O_0

Subscription INDENTIFICATION O_0

Postby jhuggins » Mon May 04, 2015 7:57 pm

Hello,

We purchased dSupportSuite without realizing how abominable the templating system is.
Seriously, there's no managing 300+ customers with the current templating system.

We decided we'd revamp and style it as our free offering to our non-subscription clients - a sort of value add that would help them remember us after they're gone.

We created a generic installer.

There is some unconfigurable stuff, the most prominent of which is "Subscription indentification" during the installation.

This is a problem, and makes dSupportSuite unusable for our purposes.
jhuggins

Re: Subscription INDENTIFICATION O_0

Postby xide » Tue May 05, 2015 4:33 pm

I'm not at home at the moment but if i'm not mistaken you could create a custom installer. with info such as "your company" for the name. Just like you were to create a custom installer for an individual, just pre-fill all the requested info. This way all of them are the same and shouldn't prompt for any additional info. In theory that is, im not at home to test this.

My reply is under the assumption you want to have a dSS setup for everyone that you don't need to fill in their info, just install and done. (which is a good idea since its free)
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Re: Subscription INDENTIFICATION O_0

Postby bored369 » Mon May 11, 2015 1:37 am

There's a few ideas in the works to assist with the managing additional clients and setups on the public drawing board here:
https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... votmu76il0

As we nail down further solutions and begin to implement them we'll update this location for more clarifications.

What you're doing is part of the original idea of dSupportSuite being like a type of digital business card for clients to quickly do some easy maintenance and then be able to quickly contact you for more support if they are still having issues. It is difficult when it reaches a large number of client id's to manage what is where and make updates going forward, but hopefully a lot of the ideas in place will help with this in future updates.
Chief Operating Officer, dSupportOnline official support of Foolish IT
& long time tech friend of Nick & avid Foolish IT product user since before Foolish IT was even created!

bored369
Foolish IT Staff

Return to dSupportSuite Support