Shutdownunless

Shutdownunless

Postby rbreen » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:10 am

Hi all,

Just wondering if there are any easy ways for me to deploy the same config to a mixture of computers, the majority of which I wish to shutdown after the maintenance schedule has completed.. However one or two I need to keep up and running..

Any ideas ?

Thanks
rbreen

Re: Shutdownunless

Postby bored369 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:41 am

You would want to have a separate template assigned to the client IDs that you want the changes on. The ideal setup is each system has it's own client ID, so each can have it's template manipulated and updated separately. If you create each ID, you can apply the same template to all then double click the specific id's to update the template for that ID. You could have the IDs separated just for your two (ex CompanyName-Servers, ComapnyName-Workstations) and work with them in that manner, but the ideal setup is one Client ID per system for the best management operations.
Chief Operating Officer, dSupportOnline official support of Foolish IT
& long time tech friend of Nick & avid Foolish IT product user since before Foolish IT was even created!

bored369
Foolish IT Staff

Re: Shutdownunless

Postby rbreen » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:15 pm

Hi Bored,

I was hoping to avoid that as I am installing dsupportsuite via Gfimax.. I suppose I could create another site under that client for non-shutdown and then deploy a seperate clientid... Hmmm...

Thanks... that's got me thinking about a different approach...
rbreen

Return to dSupportSuite Support