maintenance

maintenance

Postby xide » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:40 pm

I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
dSS mgmnt console: 1.7.15
dsupport client: 3.9.21

Just started a fresh setup with a new server to use and everything. When I click on maintenance after save/test the client version just closes and isn't in task manager either. However management console stays and allows me to load it again. But the same thing happens each time.

Here are the only changes I have made:
-set the name for the client app
-set the logos/icons
-load the default apps
-selected GUI theme number 17
-changed ok/cancel verbage for remote button as well as maintenance
-changed store info

The maintenance procedure is set to check time zone, and adjust time...I imagine the default apps would run also, but not even my message prompt appears.

Thanks for your help.
Cheers!
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Re: maintenance

Postby triblo » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:02 pm

Hey xide. I was having the same issue and I haven't seen a fix for the Save & Test issue (maybe Nick can chime in with some suggestions). However, I was able to work around the issue by creating a setup and deploying it to another PC to test the setup.

For some reason the Maintenance wasn't running consistently from the Save & Test from the dSS management console, but the same configuration works when running it on another system.
triblo

Postby xide » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:19 am

thank god I'm not the only one. I thought for sure I was doing something wrong, after deploying a installer that seems to work then...but I may have another issue that I will post about after I play with it a bit more. Thanks for letting me know i'm not alone.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Postby triblo » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:37 pm

Sure thing. Glad it is working (more) for you. :)
triblo

Postby Nick » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:57 pm

this is not intended functionality, I'm pretty sure I have intentionally coded it to not run maintenance when in test mode from config, that feature doesn't load the full dSS main module and variables nor config, just the main form graphic elements and button layout, etc. in other words, it is only designed for UI tweaking although simple features may work...

additionally, maintenance uses elevation to the system account, which is a separate executable launch of the app. the config used by any maintenance launched dSS copy is going to go for the install location, NOT the client ID or template location that you are using within the Mgmt Console which is passed as a specific command line parameter to a test copy of the dSS client executable in a completely separate directory, designed to point to any number of specific client ID directories without a client executable in them...
Author of d7/d7II and other PC technician's tools. http://www.FoolishIT.com

Nick
Site Admin

Return to dSupportSuite Support