I know I can do /heartbeat

what about silent install/uninstall?

any others?

is there a list that I have missed?
vmhs

Re: Command Line options for dSS?

Postby Nick » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:20 pm

silent installation:

with the custom installer, use the /silent parameter for no user interaction, but visible progress, or /verysilent to be invisible to the user. you will of course need to disable the config lite prompt and this can't be done on a generic installer. I mean, of course it can, but you will still get the select client ID prompt and config lite prompt if configured.

there are some used by dSupportSuite itself, but likely would be of little use to you, but they might so here.

/Heartbeat
/HeartbeatNoUpdate
/Maintenance
/MaintenanceNoUpdates
/MaintCompleted
/DisableMaintenance
/NoUpdates
/Config
/ConfigLite
/ClientID
/TestBranding
/UpdateOnly
/UpdateConfig
/rp0
/rp1
/rp2
/SimpleUI

There are a few more used only by the custom installer so I won't list them here because you would NEVER use those unless you are really removing or installing the software and then the installer will do it so...

:)

EDIT to add v3.9.19 new switches:

/NewInstallEmail
/HeartbeatEmail
/SendReports

EDIT to add v3.9.21 new switches:

/set
enables usage of these other new parameters - required

/clientid=
set local client id, note this does not create a new one, nor does it check to confirm if it is valid, it just configures dSS to use that client ID on the 'local' machine no matter what

/newclientid=
set local client id, also creates the id on your server if it doesn't already exist. note this does not check for duplicates, if the id does exist, it enables it (even if it was disabled previously)

/clientname=
/clientphone=
/clientemail=

examples:

Code: Select all
dSupportSuite.exe /set /newclientid=my client id /clientname=my client name /clientphone=8675309 /clientemail=foo@bar.com
Author of d7/d7II and other PC technician's tools. http://www.FoolishIT.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby vmhs » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:04 pm

Great. Thanks
vmhs

Postby vmhs » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:01 pm

Nick wrote:silent installation:

with the custom installer, use the /silent parameter for no user interaction, but visible progress, or /verysilent to be invisible to the user. you will of course need to disable the config lite prompt and this can't be done on a generic installer. I mean, of course it can, but you will still get the select client ID prompt and config lite prompt if configured.

there are some used by dSupportSuite itself, but likely would be of little use to you, but they might so here.

/Heartbeat
/HeartbeatNoUpdate
/Maintenance
/MaintenanceNoUpdates
/MaintCompleted
/DisableMaintenance
/NoUpdates
/Config
/ConfigLite
/ClientID
/TestBranding
/UpdateOnly
/UpdateConfig
/rp0
/rp1
/rp2
/SimpleUI

There are a few more used only by the custom installer so I won't list them here because you would NEVER use those unless you are really removing or installing the software and then the installer will do it so...

:)

Is there by chance a

/resendnewinstallemail ?

does this email still get sent with a /verysilent install?

This would be nice, given I am having to re-install clients due to mis-identifying them, and want to do this in the background using the screenconnect remote command feature.
vmhs

Postby Nick » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:56 am

vmhs wrote:Is there by chance a

/resendnewinstallemail ?

does this email still get sent with a /verysilent install?

This would be nice, given I am having to re-install clients due to mis-identifying them, and want to do this in the background using the screenconnect remote command feature.

this was easy. in 3.9.19 I put in /NewInstallEmail and a few others, editing original post to add.

Nick
Site Admin

Postby vmhs » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:02 am

Excellent. seeing as that was too easy :), how about:

/ClientID "NEWID"

This would make my life so much easier. - rather than asking for password and stuff, it just mashes the new id into the system

Even a

/reinstall ID="NEWID"

it should go off, download the new ID config, and reinstall with that config (name of tool, website url etc should all change if need be) (removing existing scheduled tasks and re-scheduling)

Thanks

This should keep you busy :)
vmhs

Postby Nick » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:24 am

vmhs wrote:Excellent. seeing as that was too easy :), how about:

/ClientID "NEWID"

This would make my life so much easier. - rather than asking for password and stuff, it just mashes the new id into the system

Even a

/reinstall ID="NEWID"

it should go off, download the new ID config, and reinstall with that config (name of tool, website url etc should all change if need be) (removing existing scheduled tasks and re-scheduling)

Thanks

This should keep you busy :)

done, see my 2nd post in this thread for syntax

Nick
Site Admin

Postby nikolaosp » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:32 pm

Hey Nick,

Can we use wildcards instead of values?
It would be nice to be able to install dSS using a script and having wildcards such as %computername% or even better d7II's machine ID and name to pass to the CLIENTID variable. That way it would allow us to automate deployment of dSS.

nikolaosp
nikolaosp

Return to dSupportSuite Support