A program to create a installer

Discuss Custom Apps used with d7/d7II/dSupportSuite, including dCloud shared apps.
Also discuss Ketarin usage and issues here.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. Don't be a prick.

A program to create a installer

Postby stevetech » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:49 pm

Hi. Does anyone know a program to easily create a installer that will take my remote support program, extract it and run it with a script? I would like to have this to run from both my website as a downloadable exe file and from D7II. I also do not know the best place to do this extraction and run if not from the temporary internet files or a folder on the system. I want to make my remote support app as easy to install as possible for the customer not having to put in a key thus using the script install.
Thanks for any suggestions. :)
stevetech

Re: A program to create a installer

Postby bored369 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:37 am

d7II will process that, but you may also want to look into dSupportSuite for further options on having that available on customer systems and it's able to do the same download, extract and run with scripts options, with some advanced configuring. What remote support program are you using? Most of them have option built in for quick connections that I've seen.
Chief Operating Officer, dSupportOnline official support of Foolish IT
& long time tech friend of Nick & avid Foolish IT product user since before Foolish IT was even created!

bored369
Foolish IT Staff

Postby xide » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:30 pm

dSupportSuit would be the best/easiest method. Another option would be to create your own Inno setup http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php this will also give you the ability to include any additional files with it. A sample inno setup Nick made to get you started can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1779#p8582
Also a sfx file made with winrar could be a quick solution.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Postby stevetech » Sat May 02, 2015 11:37 pm

Thank you for the replies. The program I have been testing is Splashtop which is very low priced, like $60 a year. I wanted to give my customers another way to log into their systems and I pay for it, give it as a value added service in my MSP offerings. I am using Techinline which is for remote support with new customers from my site link and Logmein Rescue for MSP customers. I just want Splashtop to be automated for the customer and to install silently or with one prompt helping make it easy for them. Thank you xide for the link.
stevetech

Postby xide » Sun May 03, 2015 10:16 pm

That's very nice of you to provide splash top for free. From looking at the splash top site, it says $60 per user, which means 2 users = $120?!?! if that's true then note there is a free version of Team viewer (for personal use) that you may be interested in. If you have a ninite subscription that install can be simply automated. Without ninite i'm sure there is still a silent switch. I use it to access my computer at work or the computer in my office when I don't want to get my lazy ass off the couch :lol:

Cheers!
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Return to Custom Apps Discussion